Saturday, May 14, 2011

Judgement Day

Hey, Jotters!! Hope you are all enjoying your Saturday!!

So there's been a lot of hype lately about when Judgement Day is, the most recent being May 21, 2011 (my sister's birthday!). It's interesting to me to see people openly proclaiming that they "know" when the world is going to end, even when the bible preaches that no one will know.

The best verse (in my opinion) that proclaims this is "No one knows about the day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the father." (Mark 13:32 and Matthew 24:36, they are the same)

We must be careful when we let ourselves believe that we can predict God's actions. Though we may have a strong relationship with God, it does not mean that we are all-knowing and able to know when he is going to carry out his plans. It even said the Son HIMSELF does not know.

So what does this tell us??? That even God's holy and perfect Son will not know the day God has chosen until that very day. God has told no one and never will tell anyone, no matter how elite we think we are, because God expects us to trust him and prepare ourselves no matter the day or place. If Jesus has not been told and still trusts his father, then we too must trust our heavenly father.

"Therefore, keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him." (Matthew 24:42-44)

If we trust in the Lord and love him with all our hearts, we need not worry what day, time, or place he will return to carry us to heaven. We should be preparing regardless of these factors. We should obey him TODAY. God knows that if we knew the coming of Christ, we would be lazy in our work for him or even sin until the day he comes and repent at the last minute.

The point that I, and God, are trying to make is we need to be ready no matter what. We must follow Christ and do everything we can to show the world his love and what he has done for us. As long as we have faith in Jesus, we have nothing to fear but for those who do not know what he has done for us.

What about you...are you ready for the unpredictable coming of Christ???

I pray that all of you do not fall into the world's hype and I pray that you instead focus on your growing faith and bringing others to Jesus.

Love you all!!
 

2 comments:

  1. I was kinda talking about this with my pastor. He mentioned that he asked his confirmation kids what they would do if they knew it was today. They're like, "But there is so much I want to do!" I told him that I'd be excited, and he agreed. He's like, "You wouldn't miss a beat!" 'Cuz we were talking how AWESOME heaven will be. Which is pretty awesome. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with you! I'm super duper excited! Ya, when I think about "what if" I would miss having a family, but then I remember how much better my heavenly family will be if Jesus decided to come tomorrow. Thanks for the post ;)

    ReplyDelete